According to the Myers Briggs Type Indicator Personality Test I took five years ago I happen to be an INTJ (Introverted, INtuitive, Thinking, Judging), the rarest personality type among women. Just to be sure I still fit the personality type I went ahead and took the test again this week, and came up with the same results.
I still don't agree one hundred percent with the analysis, but as I get older my personality is shifting more toward a few of the classic INTJ traits. I still do have friends, but the number is slowly dwindling, and I'm not bothering to seek new friendships any longer. I've finally accepted that I'm happiest being alone. I prefer to be direct. I don't care about the views of others, especially in regard to me or what I do, although I try (hard!) to respect people's rights to their own opinions. This makes me a bit arrogant, okay. Another reason I'm happiest being alone -- I don't need the approval of others.
Despite my lone wolf nature, I do think it is important to maintain connections with others, especially creatives. I simply don't have the energy (or need) to keep looking for more of those connections and integrate them into my life. I'm content with the few creative friends I do have.
I'd say I'm also an INTJ crocheter:
Introverted: I am not inclined to join any groups or make friends with other crochet enthusiasts. I do like watching videos about yarn hauls and yarn tests, but that's all.
INtuitive: I correct patterns that are awkward or don't make sense to me versus following them blindly. I use my 50+ years of crochet experience to correct problems I see with crochet, too.
Thinking: Oh, golly, all I do is think about crochet, yarn, patterns, and all the associated tools and storage options. I love this, too. I also consider carefully what I want to do with my crochet by thinking about it first versus diving in without thought.
Judging: Yes, I am very judgy about crochet, yarn, and everything associated with it. That goes especially for social media crochet influencers, too. I appreciate their views but I don't follow them blindly. I avoid videos with any variety of negativity or unpleasant themes, as I don't want that poison in my creative life. I love joy, enthusiasm and positive energy. If they present negativity, lots of ego or try to talk down to me, I'm gone and I don't go back.
In the end, it is rather egotistical to dwell on one's own personality type. I'm trying to follow a more spiritual path these days -- and that's all I'm going to say about that! -- and it helps to keep my focus on things that are most important to me: peace and calm in every aspect of my life.
Comments
Post a Comment