I haven't been thrifting much yarn lately, mainly as thanks to my friend B sponsoring the mystery yarn series I have enough at the moment. That said, when I need something specific I go straight to the auction site and see if it's available. I'm also noticing that there aren't as many bidders lately (lots of crocheters and knitters don't work in summer.) That's probably why I landed this mixed lot with two one-pound skeins I wanted for $9.99 with no challengers.
I've never tried that loopy yarn, either, so I'm interested to see how it works up.
I went looking for specific colors, too. This lot appealed to me because of that, and the multiples, some of which are still packaged. The ivory at the top right is anti-pilling yarn, something I've also wanted to try. I also won this lot for $9.99 with no challengers.
I bid on this lot of (what appear to be) 5 new skeins of Wool-Ease Thick and Quick, which I also won with no challengers. Although at $24.95 it seems pricier than the other lots, it comes with one-cent shipping, which actually makes it cheaper than the other two. The price is basically half what Michaels charges per skein as well. I should soon have enough of this yarn thrifted for my winter project.
I'll report back with pics of all three lots when they arrive.



Comments
Post a Comment