Skip to main content

Weekend Throw Part 2

Working on the Warm and Wonderful throw from the Make in a Weekend booklet of textured lap throws was a breeze the first day. Here's how much I got done before I called it a night, about 30" of the 48." If I'd put in a couple more hours on it I could have finished it in one day.

Here's the finished throw after one more night of crochet. It took two entire wheels of O'Go Colorama yarn in Salt and Pepper, and two skeins of light gray bulky mill end yarn from Herschnerrs. The booklet is right that it takes a weekend; I would say this is an easy two-day make for a confident beginner, probably about ten to twelve hours of work. It took me about three hours each night, so six total if you're fast.

Thoughts on the pattern: with the five row repeat and just double crochet and chain stitches it couldn't be simpler, really. This is more like a wrap than a lap throw (kind of in between both) but it would suffice for a smaller person like me. I think of throws like this as nap size; just something you want to throw over your legs when you nap. The mesh stitch rows allow it to be airy than it technically should be.

Very happy with how this throw turned out. Onto the next project!

Comments