To finish the scarf I made from Hobbii Azalea cotton/acrylic blend yarn I first hand washed it. That's what the manufacturer recommends, but I personally don't trust any wearable with cotton in it to the washing machine. The yarn does shed a bit of dye, so if you make something from it I'd hand-wash by itself.
Since Hobbii recommends not drying it in the dryer (not that I would with that cotton content) I also dried the scarf flat on towels on my back porch.
In case of shrinkage I clipped the edges of the scarf to the towels.
Here's an infrequent problem with wet-blocking scarves: mine was too long for the table, and I didn't want to put it on the floor because my pups are too nosy. So I just doubled it over -- I know, not the ideal solution, but it actually worked fine.
The scarf didn't appear to have shrunk after washing and drying, and now it's ready for wearing this winter.
Comments
Post a Comment