I started on a liner for my art yarn gathering basket by crocheting a modified version of Jayda In Stitches' big beautiful basket, just working it so that the right side was in rather than out. You do this by turning the work on the base rim row. I also made it to fit my basket, not according to the pattern.
After a semi-rough start the Premier Parfait yarn was okay to work with, as it turns out. It's not the greatest chenille on earth but it works up soft and the stitch definition is okay. It worked well as a liner.
Here's the completely finished basket. The liner makes it look a lot nicer.
I stitched the liner to the basket using the Parfait yarn, and it didn't shred quite as much as when I tested sewing with it. That's probably due to the bigger spaces on the basket.
I am super happy with my results for this project. I've never made anything imaginary come to life, and I really want to do that again.
Comments
Post a Comment