I'm building a small collection of yarns I want to experiment with, and thought I would make a big beautiful basket for the sewing room to keep them handy (you can make the pattern with just one strand of yarn; your basket will simply end up smaller.) That's why I pulled this ball of leftover Big Twist Posh and a new skein of Hello Dolly to make it. Both are bulky yarns, but the Hello Dolly is more like a novelty or art yarn.
These are the yarns I want to try this month, and also four skeins of yarn I gifted to B, who sprained her wrist and asked me to make something for her out of them for her birthday.
I liked working with the Posh and the Hello Dolly. I think bulky yarns are satisfying in that they work up quickly, although the Hello Dolly required a bit of fiddling as the strands are not twisted. The basket turned out nicely and everything fit inside.
Now to find a pattern to use for the Corin for B. :)
Comments
Post a Comment