The thrifted lot I paid less than $10.00 has arrived, so let's see what sort of bargains I got for my money.
There are 23 skeins and balls of yarn, 16 of which are new and unused. That's one more than I counted from the listing pics. They're also clean and have no smell.
Ah, boucle. Am I fated to always find you in the lots I thrift? This Loops and Threads brand was discontinued, and now runs about $5.00 a skein resale. This is thirty dollars of yarn right here. I love the colors, so I'll have to find something fun to make with it.
Sugar and Cream cotton yarn is currently $7.99 at my Wal-Mart, and these four skeins have not been used, so they're worth $31.96.
I suspect this pumpkin-size mound of jumbo variegated chenille yarn was briefly used and then abandoned. You can get a similar cake of this for $19.92 from Bernat.
There turned out to be ten crochet hooks in all in the lot; one was stuck in a skein of that boucle as you can see in the first pic. Michaels sells a beginner set of 8 for $13.99, but some of these are better quality. I'll put the value at $20.00 for all ten.
The two pattern books are in like new condition. Together they're worth $16.00 retail.
To even things out I'll put the value of 22 skeins of yarn at $5.00 per item, or $110.00. I'm adding retail prices for the jumbo chenille and everything else, as they're in sparkling clean new condition, which brings the total value of the lot to $165.92. I paid $9.99 for everything. If you apply the price I paid to just the yarn the skeins and balls are forty-three cents each. You simply cannot beat thrifting for the best possible price for yarn.
I think I'll declare this my best buy of the $10 or less series. :)
Added: Since I've had no more issues I'm going to reopen comments on the blog.
Comments
Post a Comment