The second lot from my lots of wins lucky streak arrived; let's unbag it and see if I got lucky again.
There are 26 skeins and balls of yarn, and about half have the labels. There are also some UFO projects included, which I always love to get. There's a mix of newish and oldish yarn, but it's all in good condition with no odor or debris.
I bid on this lot because of the two unused skeins of Caron One Pound Acrylic in Midnight blue you see there in the bottom right corner. These retail for $15.00 each.
There are four new balls of Knit Picks Dishie cotton yarn, which retails for $4.99 per ball.
Two skeins of Bernat Gazoom loopy yarn in Purple Potion, which you can buy at Wal-Mart for $9.49 per skein
The unlabeled yarn is more of a challenge to value, but I have three skeins of this yarn, which feels like a cotton/acrylic blend.
There is a lot of scrap yarn with UFOs still attached as well.
Instant treasures: I found two crochet hooks and a golf tee stuck in the skeins (why would you need a golf tee for crochet? Must investigate.)
I added up the value of the two new Caron One Pound, the four new Dishie balls, and the two skeins of Bernat Gazoom at their retail, and everything else at a resale price of $3.00, for a total of $122.94 for the yarn. I'll add in two bucks for the crochet hooks and call the total value at $124.94. I paid $9.99 for the lot, or thirty-eight cents per skein.
Comments
Post a Comment