Skip to main content

Soft & Sparkly

Since I finished the throw/wrap I was making with Premier Puzzle yarn I decided to test another line, Premier Parfait Chunky Giltz, by making a ripple afghan with it.

This is a #6 super bulky yarn, although it's more between a #5 and #6 to me. Each skein has 109 yards/100 meters, 3.5 oz./100 grams, and it's 94% polyester and 6% metalized polyester. The silver bits in the yarn are as soft as the rest of it, so it doesn't work up like a brillo pad. I chose the colors White Glitz, Key Lime Glitz and Seaside Glitz for the afghan.

#6 super bulky yarn works up just as fast as #5, and this is how much I got done in one night.

At first it took some getting used to the hand of this yarn, as it's slightly unpleasant to me. I'm not sure why. It was not as unpleasant as the plain Premier Parfait, so maybe there's a bit of improvement going on. The thickness should make it fiddly but I guess I'm getting used to thicker yarns because it wasn't this time. It frogged okay. There was also less shedding that I had with the plain Premier Parfait.

This afghan will likely take me four or five days to complete, so stay tuned to the blog to see how it turns out.

Comments