I tossed in a bid on this lot of what appears to be unlabeled cake-wound yarns because 1) it was listed as 10 lbs. 2) I liked the colors and 3) there were some hints about the quality in the listing photos. Most unlabeled yarn lots don't attract many bidders, if any, and the opening listing photo was a bit blurry as you see here, so I wasn't surprise that I won the lot for $9.99.
Why did the weight matter? Do the math. If the lot weighs ten pounds, that is approximately 160 ounces. If all the skeins are 3.5 ounces you're looking at over 45 skeins of yarn. Now for this lot there are some big cakes in there, so let's make the skeins an average of 7 ounces. That's still over 22 skeins of yarn. I count more than twenty in the listing photos, too.
Not all the yarn is unlabeled. I see more than one cake wrapped around a label, and some like this little one still have their labels intact. There's another cake with the same colorway down on the left. Hobbii's Frutta sells for $7.28 per cake, so just those two are worth $14.56.
I also liked the colors I saw -- always important -- and I had a good feeling about the lot, which isn't scientific but there you go. I've never tried reflecting yarn, so this skein has me intrigued. Finally, I like mystery lots. They're fun. :)
I'll report back on the lot when it arrives and I see if my theories and guesstimates were correct.
Image Credit: all of the images in this post came from the original auction listing at ShopGoodwill.com.




Comments
Post a Comment