Skip to main content

Ten or Less

I am blazing through my yarn stash with my summer projects, and will begin my winter projects next month. I'm also planning to ship a bunch of cotton yarn to my favorite person as yarn (and everything else) is insanely expensive where she lives. That's why my supplies are dwindling again (I also had a cancellation on a thrifted lot I was expecting to arrive, as they actually lost it, but they issued me a full refund.)

I would rather thrift yarn than buy new, so I decided to try bidding on three more lots at the online auction, as long as I could get them for a max bid of $10.00. It's challenging because the bidders are now jumping on all the bargain lots. This is a seven lbs. lot with 26 skeins of new-looking yarn. I like it for the colors, the condition and the multiples. I probably won't win this one, but you never know.

Another 7 lbs. lot, this one with twenty skeins. There are multiples of a yarn I want for a fall project in this one.

The opening photo for this lot is a bit chaotic, but when I scrolled through the listing pics I saw some very nice yarn. It's also twice as big as the other two, weight-wise, so maybe there are some hidden treasures. Worth a $10.00 bid.

Stay tuned to the blog to see the results.

Image credit: all of the pics in this post came from the original auction listings at ShopGoodwill.com.

Comments