I really enjoyed weaving art yarn with a vintage slatted basket last month, so I decided to see if I could do a second basket with another hank of art yarn that I bought from Enchanted Knits. This one was spun with ribbons and seashells, crystal beads and sea glass beads, so I looked for something with a nautical feel, and settled on this rope basket from an antique mall.
For the lining I chose this green and blue variegated chenille blanket yarn from my stash. It's thick enough to cushion the rope woven on the inside of the basket, and has a slightly shabby look that I like.
As before I crocheted the lining by inverting a basket pattern, and fit it to the inside as I went along.
Thanks to my experience with the first basket I did it all rather quickly this time, and the results were very satisfying.
The lining fit perfectly, also very gratifying.
I think this is just as pretty as the first basket, and a bit better in the making department. Experience helps!
I think for now I'm done making baskets, but I really enjoyed bringing my imagination into reality. Must do this again with another thing I cook up in my mind. :)
Comments
Post a Comment