I got this skein of Premier Bloom Chunky self-striping floral print yarn in my last mystery box. This is a 100% acrylic #5 bulky weight yarn, with 109 yards/100 meters in a 3.5 oz. 100 gram skein, and the colorway is called Bluebell. I have used Bloom once in the past, and I really like how the print works up, so I decided to use it to make a basket for my sewing table.
The yarn is thick, sturdy yet soft, and has that satisfying hand that most bulky weights offer.
I did encounter one factory knot right at the beginning of the skein, but it was so tightly tied I just trimmed off the fuzzy bits and left it.
I love the palette; the gray is a perfect accompaniment to the blue and cream, and the variegated pattern is interesting -- part stripes, part speckling.
I used a modified version of Jayda in Stitches big beautiful basket to make mine, and it took almost no time. I was able to use up all but about 12" of the skein, too.
I put my crochet and sewing pouches in the basket to show how sturdy it is, but I plan to use it for trims and scraps as I sew.
Bloom Chunky is a terrific bulky yarn, and I enjoyed working with it again a lot. For the right project I would definitely purchase it. :)
Comments
Post a Comment