The next new-to-me yarn I decided to try in August was Premier's Farmstand, which is a superfine #1 weight 93% acrylic 7% PBT (Polybutylene terephthalate, a kind of polyester) yarn, and comes in a skein with 235 yard/215 meters and 1.75 oz./50 grams. I purchased my skein in the colorway Pumpkin.
I usually make socks or slippers with superfine yarn, but I really enjoyed making the Dragon Egg Dice Bag by Cindy de Vries, so I decided to make another one of those.
This yarn is very thin, really just a hair thicker than crochet thread. It has a nice hand and doesn't stretch too much, which I find some superfine sock-type yarns can do. I found the center pull with only a little bit of yarn barf.
I really liked working with this yarn. The springiness helps in tight spots, and it works up really pretty. No problem whatsoever in frogging. Amazing stitch definition, too.
A confident beginner would probably do well with this yarn; it's very forgiving and easy to manage for a superfine. It took only about half the skein and one night to make the dragon egg bag, so I might make one more from it.
Here's the size difference in the bag using worsted vs. superfine.
Comments
Post a Comment