The first project of August took about a week to make, but I also kept setting it aside to do smaller projects.
It's the largest amigurumi toy I've ever crocheted, made entirely of scrap yarn. I have to admit, it was fairly tedious to make because of the dense single crochet stitches. This is why I don't make more crocheted toys.
The pattern also does contain some errors, mainly due to the designer being Lithuanian, I think, and the instructions here and there are fairly sparse or in her own shorthand, as if she's assuming you know what to do. You have to base the embroidery off the pattern photo, too. For those reasons, it's not a pattern I'd recommend for a beginner. I figured out the problems with the pattern as I went along.
I was quite happy to reach the finish line and start stuffing my big cat. I wondered if she would stay upright with the gigantic head, and was pleasantly surprised to find she did.
Here she is, completed. I haven't come up with a name for her (Patch is too obvious.) I do like the finished cat, and it's a good way to use up scrap yarn.
Comments
Post a Comment