For the last new-to-me yarn I wanted to test on the blog this month I bought a skein of Premier Basix Mosaic, a 100% acrylic #4 medium weight worsted in the colorway Sea. This comes in a nice big 4.23 oz./120 grams skein with 216 yards/198 meters. I paid $5.49 for it.
Since the colors are totally me I decided to make a winter hat based on Bev's Basic Hodge-Podge Beanie, a free pattern that is worked in half double crochet. I make it long enough (25 rounds) to create a brim I can roll up to cover my ears. The center pull was already out so I didn't have to hunt for it inside the skein.
Premier's acrylic yarns are uniformly nice, I'm learning. The hand is sturdy but not scratchy, soft but also substantial. It works up like a tweed yarn, and has a nice heathered look to the stitches. It frogs like a dream as well. I think Mosaic is one of the better acrylic yarns I've crocheted in a while.
The stitch definition is great and the yarn had no factory knots or issues. If you're all over the place with your hook this one might split on you, as the spin of the fiber isn't super tight, but I had no problems with it.
The finished hat with a small ball of yarn leftover. This is a terrific acrylic, and I will definitely be purchasing it again.
Comments
Post a Comment