I did find a third ball of the solved mystery yarn (100% sure it's Caron Cakes Blueberry Muffin) and decided to add that to my granny rectangle so I could make it a nap-size throw.
Using every bit of all three mystery yarn balls, I ended up with this.
I grabbed a Red Heart Super Saver skein in Skipper Blue to finish the last row.
Here's the finished throw. I would say I had something like 10-14 ounces or 400-500 grams between the three balls, so probably two cakes' worth.
I could add to it with the Red Heart or some other yarns from my stash to make it larger, but the wool/acrylic blend of the mystery balls has to be handwashed and dried flat on towels as per the Caron Cakes label, so I'm going to leave it this size for easier manageability.
Thoughts on the project: the acrylic/wool blend was nice. I liked the soft hand, and sturdy way the stitches worked up. Stitch definition was fine. I found just one factory knot in three balls, which is pretty good. I liked the colors. My only complaint is that the yarn is a bit on the thinner side for a worsted. It's more like a heavy DK weight -- and that's pretty common with Caron Cakes yarn. But since this particular yarn has been discontinued it's a moot point. Fun project.
Image credit: the pic of the yarn label came from Oakwood Direct.co.uk.

Comments
Post a Comment