In my thrifted Wool Ease lot I also got this ball of Plassard T'chao yarn. This is a French-made specialty yarn, made of 85% wool, 10% acrylic and 5% polyamide (nylon.) It's 1.75 oz./50 grams and 43 yards/40 meters, and such a small amount I can't really make a lot with it, but let's try anyway.
Believe it or not, I found the center pull on the first try with no problem.
Working with this yarn was a bit of a wild ride; you basically can't see your stitches so you have to feel your way along. I did a moss stitch, which you can't tell because of the fluffy bits. The hand is a bit like a soft Brillo pad, and the stitch definition is, well, laughable.
The end result is in the "the cat already got hold of this and had a very good time" category. I cannot imagine any practical (or impractical) use for this yarn, or why anyone would spend $14.50 on a single ball of it. Still, it was kind of fun -- like crocheting with my eyes closed.
I was able to stitch a small rectangle and had about a yard and a half of yarn leftover.
I made the leftover and the rectangle into an itty bitty purse.
The purse went to Iris (what I finally named my scrap yarn amigurumi cat.) She's pretty happy with it.
Comments
Post a Comment