The first of the three yarn lots I won with no challengers has arrived. Let's see if my shifting strategies paid off.
Here's everything in the lot: 18 skeins of yarn, some with labels, and a little case packed with kit yarn.
Berroco Weekend DK has been discontinued, and currently sells anywhere from $6.75 to $10.00 a hank.
These are Catania (pink) and Limone (orange) cotton yarns. The labels are in German but they're between fingering and sport weight, and 50 grams each. New they retail for $3.80 (Catania) and $4.32 (Limone) a skein.
Now for the kit. I was not expecting most of the yarn to still be in the original packing sleeves, but it was. The label name is Inscraft, and there are about 50 skeins. I found a match with this listing on Amazon, which costs $30.99.
The original owner did make four little granny circles with some of the yarn.
The kit included two crochet hooks, stitch markers and a nice generic pair of scissors.
Did I get my money's worth? Let's do the math: $6.75 for the Berroco, $30.40 for the Catania, $17.28 for the Limone, $30.99 for the kit, and a resale total of $25.00 for the rest of the yarn adds up to $110.72. I paid $25.00 with one penny shipping for the lot. I'd say that's a great bargain. :)
Comments
Post a Comment