I've been crocheting quite a number of hexagons over the last week while testing out the Tradewinds Lap Blanket pattern, and thought I would report on how that's going.
First, I love this pattern. It turns out blocks that are beautiful and unusual, and showcases the variegated yarn beautifully.
From the dark skein of Premier Puzzle that I thrifted I was able to make nine hexagons with a little ball of yarn leftover. These are a bit too dark to use with the lighter blue version, so I'm going to set them aside and wait for more of the dark yarn, which I ordered.
I was able to crochet a total of 29-3/4 hexagons from the four skeins of the bargain chunky acrylic that looks like Premier Puzzle. The colorway for this is called Lapis, by the way. I want my blanket bigger so I ordered two more bags.
While I'm waiting on my yarn order I'm going to try crocheting hexagons out of these DK weight skeins, and see how they look. Stay tuned to the blog to see how I fare.
Comments
Post a Comment