The moment I saw these four wee skeins in the last thrifted lot to arrive I wanted to try them out. It wasn't what I had planned, but sometimes it's good to give into an urge. :)
These four are unused Loops & Threads Capri, which is a 57% cotton, 28% nylon and 15% polyester yarn, in 1.75 yards/80 meters and 1.75 oz. 50 grams skeins in the colorways Turquoise, Mint, Apricot and White. Yarn Sub says it has been discontinued. I liked all four colors together, and thought I had enough to make a little no-pattern bag, so I got to work.
I made the bag in moss stitch with alternating rows of single and double crochet, which creates a sturdy kind of mesh. The yarn is quite soft and stretchy, and has the feel of a blown tube yarn although it is stranded. The hand is like t-shirt yarn but denser and nicer. It frogged fine. The strands in the yarn can pop if your hook wanders but I didn't have any issues with that.
This is how much the Turquoise skein made, with a little ball left over.
I got this much crocheted in one night.
I finished the bag during a day trip the next day and made crocheted the top edging and the handles with the white that night, and sewed it together. I can roll this up and stick it in my purse to use when I visit farmer's markets.
This is all the yarn I had left of the four skeins.
This is one of the more unusual cotton blend yarns I've tried. It really behaved like an acrylic with elastane (spandex) in it. Not sure why they discontinued it but it's a shame; it's a nice yarn.
Comments
Post a Comment