Since I'm done for the moment with my experimental Tradewinds Lap blanket, I decided to test the yarn I want to make into the charity donation blanket by making some hexagons with that.
This is DK weight yarn, so obviously the hexagons turn out smaller.
I was able to get 2 made and most of a third from one skein.
I went ahead and frogged the third partial hexagon, but at least now I know I can only get two out of the yarn.
There may not be enough yarn in the box to make a blanket in the smallest size of the donation requirements. I might have to add more (fortunately I do have some DK weight skeins that would work.) I'm also wondering if I should do one row of single crochet around the hexagons in a white or neutral color to I can sew them together without the stitches being visible. Lots to think about now. In the meantime, I may work up one or two skeins every night into hexagons so I can make some progress.
Comments
Post a Comment