I thought I'd take a look and compare four surprise boxes I've gotten this year from Premier to show the variety you can get.
This is the latest, a really wonderful selection of wool and acrylic yarns that I want to try out. I often end up ordering new yarn based on what I like from the surprise boxes. Also, Premier usually includes some premium items like the knitting needles and spools of thread here.
The number of skeins varies slightly from box to box, but I've never been disappointed once by what I received, which is more than I can say for other manufacturer's mystery boxes (sorry for the slightly blurry pic here.)
In this box I got my first skein of Premier Puzzle in the colorway Marbles and my first Parfait Chunky Glitz. I've since ordered quite a few skeins of both. Premier is smart to send out their yarns this way, because that's a very positive marketing tool. You can fall in love like I did with Puzzle and Glitz, or not waste your money on something that doesn't suit you.
If you have decided opinions, and only want a narrow selection of a certain fiber, colorway or line, this surprise box is probably not for you. But if you like the surprise factor, and want to try out more of Premier's yarns, I think it's worth every penny.
After trying many, many mystery boxes this year I can definitely say that Premier's Surprise Box is my favorite to date. What I like most is the value: it costs only $25.00. Since prices have gone up so much at thrift stores it just makes sense to acquire more yarn to try this way. That's also cheaper than Mary Maxim (which is probably my second favorite.)
Comments
Post a Comment