I wanted to finish my crochet work August on a positive note, so I got out this cake of Sweet Roll Vivid in the colorway Moonbeam to make one more winter hat. I love this yarn and the project is now pretty mindless for me.
I found the center pull without any yarn barf, which is typical of Sweet Roll.
This soft rainbow colorway is fun. Since I live in the Bible belt here my wearing a hat like this will likely upset the bigots. Oh, well, a girl has to stay true to her colors, no matter what the pinheads have to say about it. Wasn't there something in the Bible about rainbows? Ha.
I would tell you the story about me and protecting the rainbow back in the 80's, but that will attract the online homophobes, so I must pass. Enough to say I am a proud friend of the LGBTQIA+ community, and have been since I was old enough to educate myself about them.
I played yarn chicken with the cake and won, leaving just a tiny ball of leftover after making an extra row on the hat.
Very happy to end my creative August on this note. :)
Comments
Post a Comment