The third and final lot from my Lots of Wins post arrived with no surprises, but made me quite happy nevertheless.
Just as advertised, five skeins of Wool Ease Thick & Quick in the color Marble. All are in pristine condition with no smell, and from what I can see were never used. To buy these new at Michael's I'd pay $53.45. They cost me $24.95 with a penny shipping and $1.75 tax, for a total of $26.71, or less than half retail.
If you want to know if the skeins you thrift were used, look at the ends. Often crocheters will stuff back inside the yarn they pull out if they discard a skein, and that shows (you'll also see a bigger center-pull hole if some of the skein was used.)
I have been collecting this brand of yarn for about a year, and here's how much I've thrifted so far. Most of these other skeins came in big lots from the online auction, and basically cost pennies.
My original goal was to thrift enough to make a bed-size blanket, and I'm almost there, I think. I might start looking at patterns soon. :)
Comments
Post a Comment