In the last thrifted yarn lot to arrive was this unlabeled skein of striping acrylic yarn. I believe it's Red Heart SuperSaver Stripes in Polo, and it looked mostly intact; maybe about 5 oz. (I really should weigh these skeins.)
Since the skein seemed pretty hefty I thought I'd try making it into a gift bag.
This is a patternless project, just a larger version of my dice pouch with two rows of single crochet and one of double instead of all single and mesh stitches. I worked it in the round until I liked the size.
After crocheting handles to match I stitched them on and finished the bag, and I still had a small ball of yarn left. This was a two night project, but I could have finished it in one. I'm working on two other projects at the same time again. :)
As we have family coming to visit and lots of other things happening, I'm considering putting my blogs on hiatus for the rest of July. I'm a bit ahead on this one, so for now I'll keep writing posts and see how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment