Since I was in the mood to make hats last week, and I really like the free crochet pattern Bev's Basic Hodge-Podge Beanie, I grabbed this cake of Sweet Roll in the colorway Birthday Cake Pop that I got in a mystery box and decided to make another one.
I've reviewed Sweet Roll in the past, but here are the specs: this is a three color self-striping 100% acrylic #4 medium weight worsted, with 245 yards/224 meters and 5 oz./140 grams in the cake. It presently retails for $6.49 per cake on the Premier web site. Don't buy it at Wal-Mart unless they've marked it down under that price; they currently charge $8.49 per cake.
The yarn is quite soft yet sturdy, has a lovely hand and very nice stitch definition. It works up with no issues other than a bit of dye spillage now and then (I had only a couple faint spots of that in this cake where the cream ran into the lavender.)
This is really ther perfect yarn for a warm winter hat (if you live in subtropical humid areas like I do where the temps rarely dip below freezing during winter, that is.) I found no knots or fraying, and I doubt I ever will with this yarn.
The finished hat. I had a small ball of yarn left over and I'm completely satisfied with the results.
Comments
Post a Comment